Desired In A Man
"What Is Desired In A Man Is Kindness"
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
~Abraham Joshua Heschel
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
~ George Washington Carver
The best portion of a good man's life – his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love.
Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. II Peter 1:5-9
Love is Kind
- I Corinthians 13:4
- "Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant"
- Ephesians 4:32
- "Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you."
- II Timothy 2:24
- "The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged"
- Colossians 3:12-17 = your daily routine
Kindness Builds Families
The family is the place to:
- Establish identity and security.
- Teach and transmit values.
- Make and store lifetime memories.
- Develop hidden talents and potentials.
- Learn how to love and forgive.
- Grow in a safe environment.
- Learn honesty and transparency.
- Fail without criticism or condemnation.
- Hide during the storms of life.
- Experience the kingdom of God in action.
- Translate Scripture into living realities.
- Establish a command center for safety to bring the Kingdom of God to a lost world.
Not Regret But Repentance!
- Romans 2:4b "the kindness of God leads you to repentance?"
- II Corinthians 7:9-10
- II Chronicles 10:6-8
- Romans 11:22 "Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God's kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off."