Filled With The Spirit
...and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ. Ephesians 5:21
Ephesians Big Ideas
Sit - Walk - Stand
- Ephesians 1:20 – reveals Jesus throne seated at the right hand of the Father
- Ephesians 2:6 – reveals that we have been raised up with Him and He has seated us with Him in the heavenly places.
- Ephesians 2:10; 4:1, 17; 5:2, 8, 15 – exhort us to walk in a manner worthy of our calling in Christ
- Ephesians 6:13 – Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
- Ephesians 2:10; 4:1, 17; 5:2, 8, 15
- 2:10 – Walk in the good works we were prepared for.
- 4:1 – Walk in a many worthy of our calling.
- 4:17 – Walk no longer like an unbeliever.
- 5:2 – Walk in love, just as Christ loved you.
- 5:8 – Walk as children of the light.
- 5:15 – Walk as wise men, not as unwise.
- 6:10-20 – Walk in the Spirit!
Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them; for it is disgraceful even to speak of the things which are done by them in secret. But all things become visible when they are exposed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light. For this reason it says, "Awake, sleeper, And arise from the dead, And Christ will shine on you." Ephesians 5:11-14
Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father; and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ. Ephesians 5:15-21
- Mutual Respect
speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord. Ephesians 5:19
I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Many will see and fear and will trust in the LORD. How blessed is the man who has made the LORD his trust, and has not turned to the proud, nor to those who lapse into falsehood. Psalm 40:1-4
New Testament Hymns
- Colossians 1:12-16
- II Timothy 2:11-13
always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father. Ephesians 5:20
Servant of All
and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ. Ephesians 5:21
Walk With God
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8