Practicing Gratitude - Part 4
Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
What is desired in a man is kindness Proverbs 19:22a
7 Benefits of gratitude:
- The humbling reality of our dependency.
- The intentional act of taking every thought captive.
- The act simplifies your life and calms your mind.
- Deliverance from deception and self-pity.
- Thinking on good things; true, right, pure, holy.
- Pursuing opportunities to express gratitude is inspiring.
- Gratitude produces life, appreciation, hope in love.
Out of the mouths of infants and nursing babes You have established strength. Psalm 8:2
Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. Psalm 86:11
Faith is expressed:
- In a creed – "I believe"
- In relationship – "I trust."
- In reality – "I love" = "I obey"
- Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."
Feasts of the Lord
- Chag = appointed by God
- Miqra = convocation "called out"
- Mowed = Festival – A Holy Ghost party!
- The Feasts were special times, appointed by God where the covenant people of God come together for a time of spiritual renewal and celebration.
He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving honors Me. Psalm 50:23