Favor Comes From The Lord
What is favor?
Do I Have It?
How Do I Get it?
- Favor is defined as:
- The fruit of God’s presence in our lives
- Being acceptable and pleasing to God
For he who finds me finds life and obtains favor from the Lord. Proverbs 8:35
Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands. Proverbs 90:17
How do I receive this favor?
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10
The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives, And recovery of sight to the blind, To set free those who are oppressed, To proclaim the favorable year of the Lord. Luke 4:18-19
His Favor, What does it look like?
- Luke 2:52 “Jesus kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.”
- Jesus’ process of maturing and growing and becoming continued to improve and others admired Him.
- He wasn’t improving in His divine nature as He was fully God and fully man.
- But, He was proceeding in His human nature, increasing in stature and growing in age.
- His soul increased in wisdom—Jesus learned obedience as He listened to the Father.
Remember Jesus Pronouncement!
- Good news to the poor!
- Those with the humility to acknowledge their need.
- “Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the Kingdom of God” (Matthew 5)
- Release of the captives!
- These are those that have been waiting for over 4,000 years for the remedy promised in the Garden of Eden and Adam’s fall.
- Jesus has come to set the captives free and following His death He descended into the place of the dead and proclaimed their liberty and lead them into the presence of the Father.
- Recovery of sight to the blind!
- Humanity without God stumbles around in the dark.
- Jesus is the light which has come into the world.
- He is God’s unveiling!
- Freedom for the oppressed!
- Those that are bound by demonic lies and death
- Those addicted to the false comforts of this world
- True freedom is found in Jesus Christ.
- This is the favorable year of the Lord!
Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits among His creatures. James 1:17-18
Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:20