Gospel Of Grace - Part 11
Live By The Spirit
If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become boastful,
challenging one another, envying one another. Galatians 5:25-26
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be the glory forevermore. Amen. Galatians 1:3-5
- Chapters 1 & 2 – A narrative — personal
- Chapters 3 & 4 – A discussion — doctrinal
- Chapters 5 & 6 – An exhortation — practical
- Forgiveness breaks the cycle of revenge
- Repentance opens the door for restoration
- Restoration is God’s work of salvation
We are empowered to: refuse revenge—risk reconciliation—and restore relationships
How To be Miserable!
- Think about yourself.
- Talk about yourself.
- Use "I" as often as possible.
- Mirror yourself continually in the opinion of others.
- Listen greedily to what people say about you.
- Expect to be appreciated.
- Be suspicious.
- Be jealous and envious.
- Be sensitive to slights.
- Never forgive a criticism.
- Trust nobody but yourself.
- Insist on consideration and respect.
- Demand agreement with your own views on everything.
- Sulk if people are not grateful to you for favors shown them.
- Never forget a service you have rendered.
- Shirk your duties if you can.
- Do as little as possible for others.