Not Another Thing!
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7
First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. I Timothy 2:1-4
- Prayer is not a duty, but a relationship.
- Prayer intimately brings us face to face with God.
- Prayer exposes our desperation and dependence on God.
- Prayer expresses our surrender and sacrifice to God.
- Prayer includes our gratitude to God and our trust in God.
With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit Ephesians 6:18
- 127 times in the New Testament!
- <Greek> = proseuche
- to express your desire or need
- with a sense of closeness or intimacy
- I Samuel 1:11 -- Hannah vowed a son to the ministry
- Acts 12 – Disciple prayed for Peter’s release
- Prayer – Exchange
- Supplication – Acknowledge a heartfelt need
- Thanksgiving – A sense of gratitude from the heart
- Requests – Pouring out our expectation
- Known – Boldness
Philippians 4:4-7 “Don’t worry about anything – and that means nothing at all! Instead, come before God and give Him the things that concern you so He can in exchange give you what you need or desire. Be bold to strongly, passionately, and fervently make your request known to God, making certain that an equal measure of thanksgiving goes along with your asking. You have every right to ask boldly, so go ahead and insist that God meet your need. When you pray, be so bold that there is no doubt your prayer was heard. Broadcast it! Declare it! Pray boldly until you have the assurance that God has heard your request!”
Rick Renner’s – “Sparkling Gems”