The Favorable Year of the Lord
A Fresh Start — A New Beginning
- The strength of a man's virtue should not be measured by his special exertions, but by his habitual acts.
— Blaise Pascal (1623–1662)
- The second half of a man's life is made up of the habits he acquired during the first half.
— Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoyevski (1821–1881)
But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.
Transformed by the Word of God
- Roman 12:2 – Not conformed but transformed
- 1 Timothy 4:7-8 - Discipline for the purpose of godliness
- Sow an act and you reap a habit. Sow a habit and you reap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny. --Samuel Smiles (1812-1904)
Seeking the Lord
- Cornerstone Church Fast until January 22nd.
- A Daniel Fast (exclude meat—sweets—stimulating drinks)
- Three steps:
- Be specific
- Fast as a spiritual commitment
- Reflect your inner desire with outer discipline.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.