Last Words - Part 2
Jesus’ Last Words From The Cross
Final Acts - Final Hours - Final Words
- “Father forgive them”
- Jesus’ ministry of intercession
- “Remember Me”
- Jesus’ ministry received
- “Behold your mother”
- Jesus’ compassion
- He provides for His mother as her first born
- “My God, My God”
- Jesus’ dark day of the soul
- “I thirst”
- Jesus’ humanity remembered
- “It is finished”
- Jesus’ ministry fulfilled
- “Father, into Your Hands”
- Jesus’ comforted in the Father
Resurrection means the worst thing is never the last thing. ~ Frederick Buechner
We live and die; Christ died and lived! ~ John Stott
The thief dying in sin.
The thief dying to sin.
Jesus dying for sin!
For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.
“Today, you will be with me in paradise.”
Psalm 22 & 1 Peter 3:18-20
- The brevity of his life
- The hope of the afterlife
- His guilt before God
- The revelation of Jesus Christ
- Jesus’ power to save him
- He was unable to save himself
- It's never too late to ask for mercy and receive salvation
Which side of the cross are you on?