PEOPLE OF PROMISE - PART 3
The Kingdom Constitution of King’s Kids
The kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17
When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying Matthew 5:1-2
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:3
- You’re blessed when you’re at the end of your rope.
- With less of you there is more of God and his rule.
- Being poor in spirit denotes the fact of sin and a broken relationship with God.
- This is someone that is keenly aware of their need in the spiritual dimension.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Matthew 5:4
- When we see what God sees, then our hearts break with His.
- There is a raw sense of the injustice in this broken and cursed world.
- He comforts us in our pain and moves us to minister to others in theirs.
- “They that mourn” also means to repent of sin with an awareness of sin’s consequences that produces grief in the heart.
- We awaken to the clarity of the opposite intent of the Creator in His creation.
Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth. Matthew 5:5
- Those who choose humility and meekness over authority and power yield to personal ambition and begin to desire God’s will that will result in His promises.
- Gentleness is the quality of intended graceful action.
- Meekness is power under control.
- Matthew 11:28-30
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. Matthew 5:6
- The restoration of all things results in the inheritance of the saints and the comfort of all those who mourn the losses of the rebellious world.
- To “hunger and thirst after righteousness” signifies the strong desire to become more Christ-like.
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. Matthew 5:7
- Gentleness will rule rather than violence.
- His Kingdom principals extend God’s incredible compassion and His mercy even now.
- Mercy is granted and received as the “merciful” show an attitude of forgiveness.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Matthew 5:8
- Complete satisfaction will finally be realized in being in right standing with God.
- Making our hearts fully God’s, in all we think, say and do.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matthew 5:9
- “The peacemakers” exert a calming influence in the storms of life.
- This is one who intentionally breaks the cycle of revenge and retribution.
- We are to choose to not respond to iniquity with iniquity.
Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matthew 5:10-12
Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God. Acts 14:22