Skeptics & Disciples
- John the Baptist had questions!
- Luke 7:18-23
- “Be not faithless; for, if we are faithless, we are Christless and graceless, hopeless and joyless; let us therefore say, Lord, I believe, help thou my unbelief.” — Matthew Henry
- The opposite of faith is not doubt but unbelief!
- Faith is not the absence of doubt but the overcoming of doubt.
- Doubt your doubts, they are based on another faith.
- Their awful unbelief, That makes them doubt: Comes from their nature, Bringing doubt about.
“There lives more faith in honest doubt than in half the creeds.” Alfred Lloyd Tennyson
Wisdom is vindicated by all her children. Luke 7:35
- Luke 7:24-35
- “What did you go out into the wilderness to see?”
- They accused John of being a zealous and religious fanatic.
- They accused Jesus of being licentious and sinful hypocrite
3 Barriers to Faith